The Summer of my imagination

20 Books of Summer 2016


I honestly don't do winter. I would much rather prefer to have my heart beating at 55 beats per minute and find a warm, cozy spot to snuggle in and forget about the cold out there. Not a dark place, there has to be sufficient light for reading. (This from someone who lives in sunny South Africa, in Nelspruit. Our average winter temperature is around 23 degrees Celsius)

Unfortunately, I'm not genetically allowed to go into hibernation. The second best option is thus to take part in all these summery challenges and meme's hosted by the Northern Hemisphere. When reading - it's always summer.

I've already packed my beach bag stacked with all my upcoming beach reads 

Top Ten Tuesday - Beach reads 

and now I've decided to sort out my reading challenges for 2016 by participating in 20 Books of Summer hosted by 746Books.


1 Summer: 96 days, 6060 pages, 63 pages/day, 20 books.

Here is my list (there might be one or two or ten varients):


1.Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
2. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
3. We need to talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver
4. Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith
5. Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
6. Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsey
7. Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
8. The no.1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
9. A monster calls by by Patrick Ness
10. Unbroken: A World War II of survival , Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
11. The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie
12. Walk two moons by Sharon Creech
13. Nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult
14. The narrow road to the deep north by Richard Flanagan
15. 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
16. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
17. The thousand autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell
18. The thirteenth tale by Diane Setterfield
19. A darker shade of magic by V.E. Schwab
20. Baking cakes in Kigali by Gaile Parkin


5886881 Memoirs of a Geisha We Need to Talk About Kevin



Child 44 (Leo Demidov, #1) Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1) Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1)

Hearts in Atlantis The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency  (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #1) A Monster Calls

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption Five Little Pigs (Hercule Poirot, #24) Walk Two Moons

Nineteen Minutes The Narrow Road to the Deep North 84, Charing Cross Road

Station Eleven The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet The Thirteenth Tale


A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) Baking Cakes in Kigali



Will keep you posted on my progress and link to Twitter as well. Follow Cathy form 746Books on Twitter @746books and use the hashtag #20booksofsummer

Happy reading to you all! 



Comments

  1. Some interesting books in your list! Unbroken is one of my favourite books of all time, Nineteen Minutes one of my least favourites! Just chucked you a follow too, goodluck with you winter reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! Thanks for stopping by. You are not the first one to list Nineteen Minutes as a least favourite book. There are ladies in my book club who will agree with you full heartedly. I will read it and keep you posted on like/dislike. Happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list - nice mix of lighter and heavier reads there. Good to see Agatha Christie on there, and there are several that I'd love to get around to reading - We Need to Talk about Kevin, The Thirteenth Tale... oh dear! These lists are all just making my TBR even longer... ;)

    Enjoy your summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope I stick to this list. I tend to get easily distracted, especially when hopping over to other participants (like you) blogs and see all the titles-I-have-to-read listed.... Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love talking to you - I always Thalk back!

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post