Thursday Quotables #1

Welcome to Thursday Quotables hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies. This weekly feature is the place to highlight a great quote, line, or passage during your past reading week. Whether it's something funny, startling, gut-wrenching or just really written beautifully - this is where you must share! It is so simple:
  • Write a Thursday Quotable post on your blog. (We're all busy here, so pick something from what you are currently reading)
  • Link back to Bookshelf Fantasies and link-up with the linky provided.
  • Make sure to visit the other quotable bloggers and snitch their books.
  • Go finish reading your book.
quotation-marks4


When in doubt, keep reading. A book will never die on you. - John van de Ruit SPUD





I've had my eye on this meme for a couple of weeks and today I am finally joining in. My one obsession greater than reading and talking about books, is copying half the book. This came about as a means to an end, which you can read all about on Putting Pen to Paper - Literally. But throughout the years I have filled numerous little notebooks with quotes and passages and inky-thoughts on every single book that I read. 


See why this meme is right up my alley? I even dedicated my latest Top Ten Tuesday to a few of my favourite quotes from books. 

Being a bit of a Miss-goody-2-shoes as well (yup, that is my husband laughing in the background) I tend to stick to rules. And the rules state that you must quote from a book you are currently reading. I am currently reading a Netgalley book, The Benefits of Death by Roderic Jeffries. Not all that crazy about it (so far), but what the heck - it's quotable: 

It might be a game of chess in which the pieces would slowly change into people. 
The man might be short, tall, thin, fat ugly, handsome. The wife was a bitch. The widow was bedable.  


 I won't necessarily like te be described as 'bedable', but I guess it is better than being described as 'the bitch'. 

But let me leave you to go finish your book, I need to do the same. Will keep you posted on The Benefits of Death and the bedable widow. 

Please share your Thursday Quotables with me or just your favourite quote!

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday - it's almost Friday! 
Remember to join me tomorrow for Friday Meets. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post