Cover Characteristics - Eggs

Today's theme: Have all your eggs in one basket



Cover Characteristics is a weekly meme hosted by Sugar and Snark. Every week they give us these gorgeous themes and then you have to pick 5 covers featuring that theme. If you want to participate: 
  • Pick your covers 
  • Post it to your blog
  • Share your post's URL in the linky provided by Sugar and Snark
  • Go and check out the other guys who also posted! (This might influence your current TBR list a great deal.)

The first books that popped in my head when I saw this week's theme, were children's books! 

18847698 23772 3467435


The goose that laid the golden eggs I used to love this tale as a child. In fact, it is one of the stories that I use in my extra classes for early readers. I find it amazing how many students hear and read this story for the first time in my class. Shouldn't kids know all the fairy tales and all the fables long before school? Ah well, never to late to learn a lesson or two from tales old as time.

Green eggs and ham I still want to put green coloring in the eggs one morning. Serve it with ham on toast.

Humpty Dumpty Quite sure that you are now saying the nursery rhyme in your head. Did you know? Humpty Dumpty is one of the best nursery rhymes to help your child if they struggle with the formation of sound parts and the formation of letters in your mouth. It contains all the letters and sound formation except for "ch" (useless info, I know)

I've written a post on Infertility as an underlying recurring theme in many popular novels earlier this week What turns you into " The girl on the train ". As I was browsing through Goodreads to find a few novels I haven't read regarding this issue, I came across the following two covers:

10557747 10915616

What came first by Carol Snow. I love this cover! The book itself is also one that made it onto my TBR list. 

I'm taking my eggs and going home a memoir by Lisa Manterfield. It is definitely my favorite cover for this week! 

Thalk to me!

Did you get all your eggs in a basket? Please share them with me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post