Book Traveling Thursdays #2

I have about an hour to kill, so let's take a coffee break with Book Traveling Thursdays.

Image result for coffee break gif

Danielle and Catia are the two lovely moderators over at the  Goodreads group. Should you wish to participate, just follow these easy 1,2,3 block(g) myself steps: 

    Book Traveling Thursdays
  1. Pick a book. At the beginning of every month, a list of themes will be posted. All you have to do is choose a book that fits that theme.
  2. In your blog post, include an explanation of why your chosen book fits the theme.
  3. Look at covers from multiple editions and multiple countries for the book you chose.
  4. Be sure to tag your posts with booktravelingthursdays so we can all see each other's posts. (Link back on the Goodreads Group)
  5. In your post, include the the following: 
  • The original cover
  • The cover from your country (if there are multiple covers from your country, include them all)
  • Your favorite cover
  • Your least favorite cover
This week's theme is: Because reading takes us to a lot of different adventures, choose a book that makes you think about travelling. 



After finishing Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon over the weekend, I am going to pick this book for today. I've been to Thailand and Bangkok before, but after reading this and watching the hit musical The King and I, I really want to go back to Thailand.

Anna and the King of Siam was first published in 1944 and the original cover looked like this: 

6393027

This book was published as an ebook on Tuesday and the cover for the ebook and the one that I've read look like this:

30622307

Neither one has the same effect as caffeine however (not much excitement here). The following covers does make me feel a bit more excited though:

1284087 12431770 1284085

Absolutely love the snippet from the 1956 musical in the middle cover. "No one's head must ever be higher than king! Et cetera Et cetera Et cetera!"

My favorite cover for Anna and the King of Siam:

 6741920

Anna Leonowens was a strong-willed, hard-headed woman. I think the lady in this cover says exactly that. Just look at that face. You're not going to mess with her, are you? Give her a sword and a fantasy kingdom to defend and she can easily pass as a modern day heroine. 

Least favorite covers:

9131884 23257325 706546

Let's quickly have a look at the movie(s) and musical posters:

Image result for anna and the king of siam book Image result for The King and I movie poster Image result for The King and I Anna Movie poster

If all these beautiful covers doesn't inspire you to travel to Thailand, maybe a few of my own photos will do the trick!






Mareli

Thalk to me!

Have you read Anna and the King of Siam?
Where would you like to travel to and was there a book that inspired that?

Comments

Post a Comment

I love talking to you - I always Thalk back!

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post