It's Monday! What are you reading? #2

I couldn't do my Sunday Post yesterday as we were without electricity from Saturday night.

Eish. (South African. An exclamation expressive of surprise, agreement, disapproval, etc. Word Origin. from Zulu.)

We live in a part of town where you can be guaranteed of NO electricity when there is just the slightest hint of thunder. Well, it did appear as if the Dear Lord moved His entire house on Saturday night. Quite a bit more than just the hint of thunder came down on us. And as promised, the lights went out. Until last night.

Luckily, (what an unfortunate state to be in) - we are used to power outages in South Africa.



 Luckily (what a fortunate state to be in!) there is still It's Monday! What are you reading? This weekly feature is hosted by Bookdate and it's a great way to get your reading week sorted. All you need to do is: 



    badge
  • Tell us what you are currently reading
  • What did you finish reading last week
  • What do you plan on reading next
  • Add your link to the linky provided by your host
  • Visit the other bloggers who also deal with terrible Mondays, but still find the time to prioritize their reading schedules
  • Make sure to read really awesome books in order to increase the above mentioned bloggers' stress levels by adding even more books to their TBR list
  • Pop a Rescue for your own nerves or pour a glass of wine and get reading 

Currently Reading

28871544 25412415 10121957

The Other Mrs Walker by Mary Paulson-Ellis (Paperback). What a strange book.... It's very intruiging, but rather disturbing as well. I'm almost done with it and then I'll have to sit down and think what to say about it. Is there anybody else who read this?

Sirius by Jonathan Crown (Kindle, Netgalley). What a delightful book! The writing in this novel is superb and the characters are simply marvelous. Especially Sirius himself. Can't wait to be finished with it so I can tell you all about it.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (Audio, Librivox). What a surprising book. I haven't read this one before, although I've known about it and the basic story line for a number of years. I always dragged me feet when it came to the Classics. Until Librivox. I love listening to the recordings of all these books I've never read before. Jane Eyre is definitely one of my favorites (so far). Do I have to say something when I'm done with it or are you good with this one?

Recently Finished

 28103790 25746670 29069989 1284085

Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys If you still need to read an historical novel this year, read this one. My review: Salt to the Sea

Shutter Man by Richard Montanari It really, really, really is very important to have all your facts straight before you act. Great read.


Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon A surprisingly fun read. Had to watch The King and I as soon as I was done reading this one. Will review later today or tomorrow.


What's next?

I haven't really decided. There are to few days of the month left to try to complete my SA Word of the month challenge and my 20 Books of Summer is also way off schedule, so I might just make a random pick. Maybe the following:

25996035 25868918 16096824

One Hundred Days of Happiness by Fausto Brizzi After four months of blogging, I am nearing my 100th post. This book might help me get in the spirit of celebrating 100!

Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye But I first want to finish Jane Eyre. Might make an excellent discussion to compare the two.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas Been on my TBR for ages. It is also the Book of the Month for SA Book Lovers group on Goodreads. Might as well give it a try. 

Wishing you all a marvelous week ahead!


Mareli

Thalk to me!

What are you currently reading?
What have you recently finished?
Any of my books listed above you have read and didn't like?

Comments

  1. What do you think if Harry Potter ? I must read Acotar too. Thanks for stopping on my blog. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Harry Potter a lot, but I stick to my opinion that it's a generation thing LOL. Plan to start with A court of thorns and roses tonight.

      Delete
  2. I loved this blog.! It took me many years back. What fun we had. I will have to watch the video again and also read the book again. Thank you very much, Mareli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this blog.! It took me many years back. What fun we had. I will have to watch the video again and also read the book again. Thank you very much, Mareli.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love talking to you - I always Thalk back!

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post