Ten Books that have been on your shelf since Before the Dawn of Time (aka Blogging)


Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up/meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish  where they provide a prompt and other lovers of list-making (me! me! me!) join in with their own top ten list. Feel free to have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to. Just please link back to The Broke and the Bookish  if you are participating. Link up with your BLOG POST (not your blog) in the linky provided and remember to pay it forward! 

Today's theme for Top Ten Tuesday is Ten Books that have been on your shelf (or TBR - let's not kid ourselves here) from before you started blogging.


Seeing that I've only been blogging for four months, the state of my actual bookshelf looks like this: 



See, lots and lots of space for more books. But believe it or not, hiding in between all those vast open spaces are a number of books I haven't actually read. Yet. And yes, they have been on that shelf for more than four months. Some for more than four years. Others closer to fourty years.



My bad. I know. At least these I still want to read. There are a few that are just there to fill up space. Will replace eventually. Or burn when the need arises The day after tomorrow. (Just kidding. I'll never burn books. Will burn eternally myself after doing that. I'm convinced there's a passage like that in the Bible somewhere)

9284 2156 15772730 1430
7738613 1139132 7063414 23885
714985 1317697

The Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans I bought this book years ago after reading The Horse Whisperer. Who hasn't? But who has read this one?

Persuasion by Jane Austen I've never been pursuaded enough to read Jane Austen. Maybe for my next Librivox choice I'll choose an Austen. Maybe. I'm easily persuaded you know.

Spud - Exit, Pursued by a Bear by John van de Ruit I've bough this one for my husband for his birthday a year or two back. Actually don't think he read it either. Why haven't I? I love Spud!

Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho I've bought a boxset of Paulo Coelho's novels. And they look so pretty just sitting there on the shelf. Don't want to disturb them. Okay, I'll read it. And The fifth mountain that is also included in the box.

On the Beach by Nevil Shute In my defense, I have actaully started reading this one a couple of years back. It freaked me out. Will pick it up again.

I am David by Anne Holm I can hear you, you know. Whispering through clenched teeth: "You of all people...."

Halloween Party by Agatha Christie I love the queen of murder just like everyone else. But I actually haven't read all her novels. Yet. And this cover also freaked me out. (Yes, it does happen quite often and for no apparent reason)

No one writes to the Colonel by Gabriel Garcia Marquez The defense needs to speak again. I did read the first one. And then the holiday ended. I need another holiday.

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern Don't you just love books that come in boxes?! So do I! Also love ending up not reading half of them.

Luka and the Fire of Life by Salman Rushdie I've bought this one for the bookshelf in my class. The cover was so beautiful I didn't want the kids with the sticky hands to ruin it. See, it still looks brand new. My good dead for years to come. I can still hear you, you know!! Whispering: "Aren't the idea of books that they should actually be read?"

Mareli


Thalk to me!

Have you read any of these that I've left abandoned for so long?
Which ten books have been on your shelf since before the dawn of time? (Maybe we should swap reviews...)




Comments

  1. I have to be honest I haven't read many of these either! I have read the ExitPBAB but none of the sequals were qs good as the first book. I haven't read Agatha's books for a while. I should really pick one up again, I love how she really 'gets' people. I have Donna Tartt's The Little Friend that's been on my shelf for years. I loved The Secret History and had to have TLF.... only to leave it on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love talking to you - I always Thalk back!

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post