Cover Characteristics - Give the Emperor some Clothes!

Image result for The emperor's new clothes
Cover Characteristics is a weekly meme hosted by Sugar and Snark. Every week they give us these gorgeous themes and then you have to pick 5 covers featuring that theme. If you want to participate: 
  • Pick your covers 
  • Post it to your blog
  • Share your post's URL in the linky provided by Sugar and Snark
  • Go and check out the other guys who also posted! (This might influence your current TBR list a great deal.)
I haven't done a Cover Characteristics in what feels like ages. Is it just me, or does time fly by at a rapid speed lately? We hardly get time to dress ourselves, but when the emperor comes strolling down the street dressed as nature intended, one needs to take a break and put some clothes on that man! Today's Cover Characteristic's theme is: Clothes only.


As a known creature of habit, I will list my favorite one first:

10441

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards There might be a few nicer covers out there, but this book was such a great read. It's one of those stories that stays with you long after you've cleared out your spring wardrobe. 

  6643090 21002390

There is a season by Marita van der Vyver This book was originally published in Afrikaans under the title Vergenoeg. It tells the story of two sisters who goes home to tend to their mother who is dying of cancer. Very close to home for me, but a book that captured my heart. I was fortunate enough to read it with my mother a couple of months before she passed away. 
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson This book has bee on my TBR list for too long. Still haven't read it! But I've always loved that cover. Everything is so cleverly displayed around that coat rack.
The Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham Another one that has been on my TBR list for quite some time now. Haven't seen the movie yet either. 

8766740 22612837 8531214

The secret lives of dresses by Erin McKean If we take sentimentality out of the equation, this one will actually be my favorite! it reminds me a lot of my own wedding dress. Love it. 
Blind stiches by J.B. Chicoine One of those novels that I can't decide if I want to read it or not. Has anyone read it and recommend it?
A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff Maybe I'll read this one. Love the red dress on the cover, but won't be able to wear it. I'll end up looking like a cupcake. 

Which of these would you like to see the emperor dressed in? Yes, I know that my spring collection is mostly dresses, but he was idiotic enough to believe those tailors. His judgement can't be trusted. You should rather pick. 

Mareli 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post